Handprint Suncatcher - The Best Ideas for Kids
Supplies Needed to Make a Handprint Suncatcher
– Tissue Paper – various colors
Directions to Make a Handprint Suncatcher
1. Cut up small square pieces of tissue paper for the colors you want your suncatcher to be.
2. Now open one sheet of contact paper and place it on the table sticky side up. Ensure your sheet is large enough that when you fold it in half it will fit a handprint.
3. Add your tissue paper to fill the sheet.
4. Now take another sheet of contact paper and add it on top of your tissue paper.
Note – some people have noted that the Contact Paper is not sticking to each other, to help with this make sure you press down really hard to stick it together when applying the paper. If you also leave some spaces in between the tissue paper this will let both sides stick together. Alternatively, you can use the printable clear sticker paper which is a bit more durable and sticks better.
5. Fold the paper in half and draw your handprint. Place the hand so the thumb and index finger are along the folded part of the paper. This will create the “heart” look.
6. Now cut out your handprint! Make sure you keep the thumb and index finger connected to the folded part of the paper so that when you open up the suncatcher it’s still connected and forms the two hands together. For the thumb part you can make this a straight cut so that it looks more like a heart inside when unfolded.